Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet and Spicy

Well, I am having one of those weeks!
School has started and my engine
was running at full spead on Monday but
it is now slowly leaking oil!
I am spent!
I think today calls for a cocktail!
That right, I said it out loud...
I am starting the weekend early!

Check out this "Hot Lips" Chocotini
Created by Kara Newman,
author of "Spice & Ice - 60 Tongue Tingling Cocktails"
1/2 red chile pepper, sliced
1 ounce Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate vodka
1 ounce Kahlua
1/2 ounce Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
Fresh cream
Chocolate

In a cocktail shaker, muddle the sliced chile pepper.
Add the Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka, Kahlua, and Luxardo.
Shake together with ice and strain into a small martini glass.
Next, gently pour cream over the back of a spoon
to create a "float" on the top of the drink.
Use a hand grater for a generous amount of
chocolate shavings on the top of the drink.

Optional garnish:
1 whole red chile pepper
1 oz. chocolate, melted

Dip 3/4 of the chile pepper into melted chocolate.
Set on wax paper and put in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
Cut a slit in the upper portion of the chile pepper
so it will sit neatly on the rim of the glass.

This is going to set me free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it!